How to enable the print button in Maximo.
By default, Maximo only allows the MAXADMIN group to have the Print icon visible throughout. However, there is a way for users that are not part of the MAXADMIN security group to gain access to the Print icon.
The following steps will explain how to enable the print icon in Maximo. Print capability can be enabled for specific security groups and applications.
- To make the Print icon visible, navigate to the Report Administration application.
Go To > Administration > Report Administration
- From the More Actions menu, select “Set Application Security”.
- The Report Application Security window will pop-up.
- Under the “Applications” table, filter the list to select which application the Print capability should be added to, for this example we will choose the Work Order Tracking application.
- Then, under the ApplicationLevel Security table select “New Row” to select which Security Group to enable the Print functionality for.
- In the new row, to the right of the Group field click the search button. An additional window will appear that allows you to select a specific group from the list. For this example we are going to add the Scheduling and Operations Manager groups.
- After selecting the group, under the Details sub-table make a selection from the listed prompts. You will need to do this for each new row.
- Click OK.